VieMed requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To demonstrate compliance with VieMed’s vaccination policy, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be requested upon a conditional offer of employment.
Job Title: Collections Specialist II
- Address and respond to back collector’s email group
- Able to read through and understand medical documentation effectively
- Work back collectors aging bucket
- Work claim denials
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with co-workers
- Performs other clerical tasks as needed, such as answering phones, faxing, and emailing. Completes other duties, as assigned
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Manager, and other superiors.
- Reports all concerns or issues directly to Collections Manager.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits from insurance companies
- Thorough understanding of medical insurances companies, Medicare and Medicaid
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits.
- Efficient knowledge of policies and procedures to accurately answer questions from internal and external customers.
- Utilizes initiative; maintains set level of productivity goals with ability to consistently and accurately
- Must be able to perform all duties for a Collections Specialist I
- 2-4 Years in DME or Medical Office experience preferred.
- Two years’ experience in insurance office, doctor's office or three years’ general office experience.
- Superior organizational skill.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a health care team.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
At VieMed, LLC, we pride ourselves in what has driven our success, teamwork and exceptional patient care. We are actively seeking talented, dedicated, self-motivated, energetic and career-minded individuals to join our organization. We appreciate the value our employees provide and realize our current success and future growth depends on the abilities of the VieMed team. VieMed, LLC is committed to providing a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for employees, making significant investments in our employees so that they may enhance their personal and professional skills.
Company Website: www.viemed.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)